Eco-Friendly Postal Packaging for eCommerce
Getting a competitive edge in the eCommerce arena might come down to your choice of packaging for your products.
If there’s one thing we can learn from the giants of online retail, it’s that packaging matters. With a huge shift towards eco-friendly postal packaging solutions, eCommerce businesses are striving to offer the most stylish and sustainable shipments possible to win customers while protecting the environment.
So what does this mean for smaller businesses in the world of eCommerce? Whether you’re an eCommerce veteran or you’ve only just taken to the internet to retail your products, the packaging you use forms an integral part of your customers’ experience, encompassing many different aspects of your business’s marketing, branding and delivery processes.
Eco-Friendly Packaging for eCommerce Businesses
Ecommerce has offered a lifeline for businesses across countless industries since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Reports suggest that an additional $900 billion has been spent online globally in the past 12 months alone due to the shift towards online shopping. This dramatic increase in online purchases has presented numerous tantalising opportunities for companies to take their business online, but it’s not been plain sailing.
Over a year since the first national lockdown, the retailing of products and services online has skyrocketed, making the eCommerce sector increasingly competitive. To make matters worse for online retailers, many UK businesses suffered a cardboard shortage due to the increased demand for eco-friendly packaging supplies.
Fortunately, there are still plenty of options for businesses looking to ship their products without harming the environment, but online retailers need to box clever to make their packages go the distance.
The Best Eco-Friendly eCommerce Boxes, Mailers and Shippers
Eco-friendly packaging is a primary focus for consumers who buy products online, so what are the best eco-friendly packaging solutions for eCommerce businesses?
Without a doubt, cardboard packaging is paving the way towards a greener future for online and offline retailers alike. Lightweight, durable, biodegradable and made from recycled materials, it’s easily one of the most effective packaging materials available. It’s also incredibly cost-effective, so how can you make the most of cardboard packaging for your eCommerce business?
- Brown Postal Boxes — If you’re dealing with a high volume of orders and tight profit margins, our high-quality mailing boxes are cost-effective, versatile and sturdy by design. Featuring a hinged lid, you’ll be able to ship your orders safely and effectively without breaking the bank or causing undue harm to the environment. Available in an array of sizes, you can get the best eco-friendly packaging you need for less.
- White Postal Boxes — If brown boxes aren’t your thing, we also stock white mailers that feature the same robust design and eco-friendly qualities as their earth-coloured counterparts. These boxes are ideal for eCommerce businesses that want clean and simple packaging on a budget.
- Book Wrap Mailers — Offering simple yet versatile packaging, these cardboard mailer boxes have a multi-depth feature, giving each packaging size the flexibility to pack a range of products of different sizes. Book wrap mailers also feature a peel-and-seal closure, as well as a tear-open strip, reducing the time it takes to pack and unpack products.
- Self-Seal Postal Boxes — If convenience is what you’re after, self-seal boxes can save your dispatch and delivery team precious time packing larger products that require a little extra protection. Offering both tamper-evident protection and a cool unboxing experience, they make the perfect eCommerce boxes for businesses retailing high-value goods.
- Cardboard Shipping Boxes — For the highest level of protection possible, our shipping boxes can give you ultimate peace of mind when distributing large, heavy or breakable products. Available in single-wall and double-wall designs, you can reduce the likelihood of customer returns for damaged products by securing your shipments with robust packaging boxes.
Personalised Postal Boxes for eCommerce
The humble cardboard box is perfectly suited to package dozens of different products retailed online, but some customers might find them a little underwhelming, especially if you’re retailing premium or personalised products. While paper-based packaging is still favoured by consumers over plastic packaging, brands are taking their packaging to the next level and striving to outdo each other in the eCommerce arena with customised packaging.
When considering custom packaging, it can be a balancing act between functionality and flair, but you can get the best of both worlds with our custom branded eCommerce packs. Comprising a self-seal mailing box and an eye-catching custom printed sleeve, you can give your customers something to get excited about as they anticipate their much-awaiting deliveries.
Not only does this give you a cost-effective packaging solution with some added style, but you also have the extra opportunity to shout about your super sustainable packaging that your customers will love. Adding a unique hashtag along with your bespoke design can boost your online presence even further by allowing your customers to engage with your brand on various social media platforms, enhancing your brand recognition as a valid eco-friendly option amongst your other eCommerce competitors.
Bespoke Packaging Design for eCommerce Businesses
Our in-house design team is always on-hand to answer your questions and queries about custom packaging for eCommerce. With over 40 years of experience in the packaging industry, you can rely on us for the best packaging advice to suit your products. For a free custom design quote, simply get in touch with our friendly design team or start designing your packaging today.
With no minimum order value and free next-day delivery on all orders placed before 2pm, why not explore our extensive range of eco-friendly packaging and make your business more sustainable for less?