Packaging Supplies Ltd are looking to expand their sales and marketing team, and therefore would like to hear from potential candidates.
The role primarily requires the right candidate to possess an ability to communicate with customers and potential customers, ensuring that their needs are satisfied to the best of their ability. No industry experience is necessary, but some experience in dealing with people would be an advantage.
All applicants must possess a driving licence, have an outgoing personality, be ambitious, and are driven towards success.
The remuneration package consists of a basic salary of between £22,000 and 25,000 per annum, a generous bonus/commission scheme, a company vehicle, and all other tools required for the position.
Full training will be given, and the first/second year OTE, should be circa £35,000 – £40,000.
Applicants should ideally live in and around the London West/Berkshire/Oxfordshire borders. Please send CV details via e-mail for the attention of Mr Phil Phillips email@example.com
Packaging Supplies are recruiting!
Due to continued business growth, we are now looking for a new member of our team, based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire:
External sales – Field Sales Representative
As a field sales representative you will be responsible for developing new clients over a set geographical area. The key part of this role will be winning new business. Previous experience in packaging would be advantageous but not essential, however a proven sales record is required.
For further information or to apply for either of the above positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Last year in late January an agency for Walker’s crisps got in touch with us to produce a quantity of promotional boxes for their valentines’ day give away competition.
This project was very time sensitive, we had a short time frame in which to design the box and manufacture it and of course we had to make sure the deadline wasn’t exceed so that we could get the boxes delivered ahead of valentine’s day.
From concept to delivery, this job took under 2 weeks in total. During this time we carried out a consultation, sampling, colour swatches and artwork changes and of course the finished product delivered.
The final design was a huge red flat folding box board box made to look like a box of chocolates, inside we made dividers to hold in place and display 16 packets of specially named bags of crisps. Perfect for those of us who are not choc-a-holics!
Due to our flexible approach to bespoke products we were able to select the right type of packaging and printing methods to ensure the deadline was met.
There are so many options open to you for bespoke packaging, we can help guide you to the right material and methods, all to suit your individual project and budget.
Get in touch for a quotation
During a time of year when new custom made packaging lead times are extended, our extensive range Postal & Mailing boxes make the perfect option during this Christmas rush.
With the festive period in full swing, the time has come where we can no longer make any new custom made or bespoke boxes before Christmas, but we have launched our own range of postal boxes, which are in stock now and ready to go.
If you have been caught out by any increase in demand and you would like some stock boxes with a custom box feel. This is the product line for you.
Our Mailing boxes come in 9 difference sizes in both white and brown, the full list of the sizes are below. With the size range that we have put together, we hope you will find the perfect size.
90 x 90 x 50mm (3.5" x 3.5" x 2.0")
145 x 100 x 55mm (5.5" x 4.0" x 2.0")
160 x 160 x 70mm (6.5" x 6.5" x 3.0")
200 x 100 x 100mm (8.0" x 4.0" x 4.0")
210 x 130 x 55mm (8.5" x 5.0" x 2.0")
240 x 160 x 90mm (9.5" x 6.5" x 3.5")
240 x 240 x 80mm (9.5" x 9.5" x 3.0")
310 x 234 x 63mm (12.0" x 9.0" x 2.5")
300 x 250 x 100mm (12.0" x 10.0" x 4.0")
Normally these die cut boxes would require a cutting forme start up costs, but Packaging Supplies have invested so you don’t have too.
Report shows the importance of good packaging for successful product launches:
In an age of social media, it is very common knowledge how much marketers put into all forms of digital channels for the launch of any new products. In many projects, the packaging time and time again seems to be an afterthought.
A new report has shown how important good packaging design can be for the introduction of a new product. Research firm Nielsen analyzed 9,900 product launched across Europe for its Breakthrough Innovation report. Which concluded that packaging design is the least aspect of marketing that is published yet it was a major factor in the most successful product launches over the last two years.
“Packaging design is the dark horse of the marketing world. It receives little attention compared to other marketing decisions, and its impact tends to be vastly underestimated,” Said Ben Schubert, SVP at Nielsen Innovation Practice.
With consumer marketing nearly 60% of their product decision at the store shelf, it isn’t hard to imagine, design that will help you stand out will be important.
At Packaging Supplies we position ourselves in the market, stressing the importance of all the views above. We offer a step-by-step service in custom and bespoke packaging projects, for any new products or projects.
Good packaging design is also important in getting your goods to the shelf not just sitting on them. Through the use of our online packaging shop, we have invested in a range of postal boxes so you can send your products in style. These boxes have a hinged lid and are self-locking making them perfect for any e-commerce company.
Packaging Supplies offer Postal & Mailing boxes in a choice of brown or white, each of our high quality, presentable Postal & Mailing boxes have a hinged lid and tuck in flaps, offering a secure mailing box which is quick to pack and easy to open.
All of Packaging Supplies Postal & Mailing boxes fall under the Royal Mail PiP of a Small Parcel, helping you to keep your despatch costs down. We have a variety of sizes suitable for all kinds of products. The mailing boxes can be padded out if required with our voidfill or bubble wrap products.
To buy your Postal & Mailing boxes click here
As well as our Postal & Mailing boxes, we have a variety of other Postal Packaging products available, such as Postal Tubes, Feather post Mailers and Book Wrap Boxes along with a huge range of standard Small & Large Packaging Boxes.
Our range of Beer Boxes and Brewery Packaging should make this easy. Don’t worry brewers we haven’t forgotten about you, far from it. We feel we are a perfect fit for your requirements. First things first let’s talk about the beer carry boxes that are in demand within this industry.
Transit Beer boxes:
Without a doubt the most important and commonly used beer box is the 24-bottle box with dividers. This we carry as a standard pack. This same style of box and dividers can be used for a variety of different size bottle packs. With no extra cost it is something that we can customize for you.
Can the Dividers come Assembled?
Let’s face it, nobody wants to stand there making up dividers all day. There are a lot more important tasks to be performed during your day. We can supply them assembled, so they just pop open and slot into the outer case. Please just let us know your requirements.
Can I get my logo printed on these boxes?
The large majority of the breweries that we look after have a 1 colour flexo print on their boxes, but we have many print options available which you can find more about here. So the only start up cost is the paying for the printing stereo, which is a first time only fee, if you want it printed. We normally suggest, get your self up and running, adding artwork is very simple.
Presentation beer boxes:
We have covered the transportation aspect of brewery packaging, Now on to the important stuff, the boxes that are going to help sell your product making it desirable.
Die cut boxes are made for this sort of packaging, making the boxes in these styles mean additional features can be added. Like a carry handle or a cut out on the front of the box to show your fancy bottle labels. The feel can be altered depending on your product; it can be brown or white Kraft outer finish with various different printing options depending on your budget and usage.
Get in touch with our packaging team to find out your options.
- September 14, 2016
5 big packaging mistakes that will see failure in the Peak season
It sounds incredibly sad however the peak season, the lead up to Christmas will be soon upon us. Within this period planning and forecasting is everything. Which is why you need to start now.
1. Failure to Plan: We think this is a very good place to start, plan exactly what is required for the packaging of each product. Before the busy season starts you should know exactly the average time that it takes to pack each product, once you know this you can experiment with packaging machines or other packing equipment to decide whether this will assist in speeding up this process. This will then give you valued information for the forecasting for the dispatching of orders and lead times of future orders.
See our Packaging Machines here.
2. Understanding your demand: This goes hand in hand with planning, this is somewhere where even the largest of large companies can come unstuck. Review you figures from the same quarter the previous year with any expectations of growth or reductions this will help to give you an understanding of what will be required.
3. Innovate where possible: The Packaging Industry is so large, whether you are a manufacturer, importer or have an online presence there will be a requirement for packaging in some form. However, there are very few packaging companies out there that are actually innovating. The biggest reason for this is that it is cheaper to have a one size fit all packaging. Take Korrvu packaging for example, we have standard sizes to fit phones, iPad’s and many other products. We work hard to develop our online range, so you know exactly what is out there, a snapshot into new products.
4. Be smart and respectful about Packaging: The biggest mistake that is being made at the moment is that packaging is only being considered within companies for just their own benefit i.e. the one size fits all situations. The largest retailer in the world has been guilty of this, Amazon are under more pressure to reduce their packaging size and waste. How can you be respectful to packaging? The respect comes when considering if the packaging is the right size for the product and how easy it is for your customer to discard the packaging. We have all been there trying to stuff empty pizza boxes into bins, it isn’t enjoyable.
5. Be prepared for all Outcomes: This is where Packaging Supplies comes into its own. You need to see our warehouse as an extension of your own. Stock and call off is so essential at this point once we have it in stock, we can dispatch it to you on a next day delivery basis (on orders received before 3pm). It gets even easier with your own customer log in, giving you instant stock checks and an online ordering platform through the back office of our website.
These 5 mistakes are just the beginning, with over 35 years in business in this industry we can help to save you time and money. So please feel free to catch up with one of our friendly team today on 01491834000.
New lines of cardboard bakery tray added to our online Packaging shop. Shop Now!
These sturdy cardboard bakery trays are suitable for all kinds of bread or bakery items. The corrugated trays are stackable and easy to move around with the integral hand holes.
If you would like a custom sized tray or a custom printed cardboard tray, please get in touch.
We have made huge price reductions across our entire range of Featherpost Mailers. These bubble lined envelopes are strong, lightweight, water resistant mailers, suitable for posting all kinds of items. They can be used for jewellery, electrical components, CD's or other small to medium sized products. An essential for any postal packaging, look no further for very competitive pricing